In short, my 2018 was an epic year of travel, new experiences, and hanging out with many good friends old and new.
Particular highlights include:
- Going on 3 big trips around NZ, Europe, and China
- Getting to spend time exploring Wellington, Auckland, Amsterdam, Rotherham, Delft, The Hague, Bruges, Beijing, Harbin, Xi'an, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong
- Living away from home for an extended period for the first time ever (and doing so halfway around the world in Amsterdam, a place I've wanted to visit for the past 15 years)
- Learning to cook (and with a gas stove too to boot)
- Attending concerts at 3 notable concert halls around the world - The Royal Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Harbin Grand Opera House, and Hong Kong's City Hall
- Visiting Zelandia, Keukenhof, De Waag, the Old Blender Institute, Van Gogh museum, Forbidden City & Great Wall, the Terracotta Army, and feeding Siberian Tigers.
- Finally meeting Ton and so many Blender friends & legends in person after knowing each other for over a decade
- Getting to be part of the last day of the old Blender Institute (Entrepotdok), as well as the first day of the new office (Buikslotermeerplein)
- Meeting a cute girl during my travels who was in many ways my "dream wife"
- Finally custom building a powerful desktop workstation for the first time in a decade