Well, firstly, the good news:
All the basic components of what I consider necessary to be able to set up a basic sim (as in single cube falling onto a plane, which is as basic as it gets) at least now are now in place! AND it compiles and Blender still starts/works without major issues in general.
Here is the bad news:
As is often to be expected, I ran into a crash trying to set up a sim for the first time. What's the problem then?
- my usual debugging environment is buggered (as of time I checked a few days ago). That is, scons+mingw was having linking troubles, so no gdb debugs :(
- it's now after midnight, and it's probably too late to start troubleshooting build problems now and/or debug crashes in an unfamiliar debugger
- exams are coming up really imminently... as in 3 days time, and for a week ("an exam a day keeps the coding away", a sad variation of a famous saying)... so probably, unless I can fix the problems within 1-2 hours tomorrow morning, we won't be seeing the first prototype in action for another week and a bit at least :(
Fingers crossed, I might still have a positive update tomorrow with some nice screenies and commits...
Post a Comment