This year I'll be be working on implementing a "simple and natural" (to take a page from Jacob Nielsen's Usability Heuristics) integration of the Bullet Physics Engine into Blender; a "Bullet Construction Toolkit". Some may know that Blender already has partial integration of Bullet, but this is restricted to being another one of the half-baked and clunky Game Engine features.
The main goals here will be to:
- make it quick and easy to set up simple setups
- make complicated setups not require too many additional hoops
- tighter integration into Blender allowing use in combination with Animation System
- visible (and editable) results in Blender, on par with other Physics systems
- visual manipulation of Bullet simulation parameters (potentially including a new API for defining manipulators)
- ... and hopefully kick the collective proverbial asses of Cinema4D-MoDynamics/Maya-Dynamica/Houdini in the process