Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sintel (Durian Open Movie Project) Premiere

After a year of work, it finally premiered. The third Blender Open Movie Project, codenamed Durian, premiered earlier today in Utrecht, the Netherlands.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend this event due to various commitments. However, I can say that I have seen a version of the film ("pre-premiere screening" copy), but I'll keep quiet on any details about this until the online release in a few days time.

In the meantime, what I will say is that although I can totally understand the team's ultimate choice to choose this as the poster ("to show more drama"), I'd personally have gone with one of the more traditional alternatives instead (http://durian.blender.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/A01-sintel-posterthumbnails.jpg - number 5, i.e. first one on second row).

Anyways, congratulations to all involved. You have done the Blender community proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment