Saturday, October 14, 2023

Kaka at Wellington Botanic Gardens

Was pleasantly surprised to discover last weekend that Wellington's Botanic Gardens (up the top of the Cable Car) turns out to be quite a bird-watching heaven - with Tui, Keruru, and Kaka all hanging out up there without having to head all the way out to Zealandia!

Here are some of my favourite shots of the Kaka. Reposting from Mastodon for posterity.

(Disclaimer: Slim pickings, as I didn't have my bird lens with me, and it kept hiding in the canopy). 


1) Inquisive kaka with food on its beak - This is perhaps my favourite shots of the bunch

2) Kaka in awkward position, wicked beak digging into some fruit / flowers (?), while showing a bit of its red underbelly


3) Just look at that wicked, massive shiny-silver beak it has! Yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment