After a long wait, the first of the silvereyes have started appearing in my garden at last!
This was taken through the net curtains, as I didn't quite have enough time to safely set up everything before this one arrived, and I'd managed to scare away another one from a window twice as far away minutes earlier. But next time I'll be more prepared, and hopefully get a much better shot.
Over the past few days, the weather has been flip-flopping between really hot + excessively sunny and rather cold + overcast. From prior experience, I knew that both of these were not conditions that they were not going to show up in such conditions (and also that they "conveniently" - for photography - only show up during the so-called "golden hours").
Also, yesterday, I found a little parasite problem, with some of the flower buds having been hollowed out by what I found to be a black worm-like critter (which was promptly dealt to in "an appropriate manner"), threatened to ruin the display this year. However, with more flowers blooming now, I think that this is not going to be too much of a problem.