Here's yet another poll, this time for more animation-orientated matters. Please keep responses here about the questions for this poll only (i.e. don't reply to a previous poll here at the same time), to make it easier for me to keep track of where things are. Cheers!
From various discussions I've been having with people, I've been hearing a few common themes relating to feelings that the default filtering options in the animation editors aren't quite right most of the time.
1. What do you mostly use DopeSheet vs Graph Editor to do? Do you use one over the other for certain workflow stages?
2. Are the channel filtering defaults in each of these editors appropriate to what you usually do? Or do you usually end up setting another set of defaults when animating most of the time? Why?
3. Do you frequently change the datablock filters, or is it just the selected/hidden/text-search that you end up using most? (Or perhaps none of these?)
4. In the Graph Editor, what are your preferred settings for keyframe display (from the View menu)?
5. Are the ways that the channels are open/closed by default appropriate for what you usually do? That is, do you usually end up expanding/collapsing things before starting work, or is it good the way it is?
Hopefully these are some helpful hints to think about.