It seems that we have some a consensus on many of the issues already:
1) Fake Users are now GONE (as default for newly created actions)!
3) It sounds like the current mapping (keyframes only on normal BKEY select) is the favoured option. So, no changes there.
4) Wow! It's great to hear that it is actually in widespread use. Don't worry, I won't be removing it. Instead, I think I might need to post some docs on it sometime soon, since when I checked a few days ago, there were no results for it anywhere.
It also seems that there are mixed opinions about the pasting behaviour (2). From the responses so far, there are 3 main points:
- There are basically too camps: "Frame Start + Overwrite Range" and "Mix"/Default
- The fact that this operator has such options needs to be made more obvious in some way
- We could do with some way of specifying default preset that you can configure locally