Sunday, January 18, 2015

RIP Bubu - One Year Anniversary

Lo and behold, a year has passed since the day when Bubu tragically left us.


It's still hard to believe that just a year ago, I had the pleasure of having this delightful little orange ball to keep me company, wriggling around and tirelessly playing out his idiosyncratically endearing antics throughout the day and long into the night. Oh, and getting to watch the sheer joy and enthusiasm with which the daily feeding ritual was received - it had to be at the right time too, or else, a mini fishy temper could sometimes break out!






Here's another video (also from June 2011) of Bubu energetically dancing around (chasing his reflection) in the lead-up to dinnertime. It was only when reviewing this video after the fact that I noticed how he seemed to be moving in sync with the sounds from the TV - one of my favourite things about this video (which I only recently got back access to, after finally managing to copy over all my files from my old laptop over to my current box).




It's a poignant reminder of just how fragile life really is: one moment it's there... the next it can be gone, and unable to be brought back, no matter how hard you wish otherwise.





RIP Bubu, and thank you for all the memories.  *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment